If you’re caring for peace lilies you may have a million questions to ask. One of them is whether or not peace lilies come back every year or not. In this article, not only will you find out whether they do or not, but you’ll also have other questions you may have had finally answered!
So keep reading to find out more!
Do Peace Lilies Come Back Every Year?
As tropical perennials peace lilies will come back every year if you take good care of them. In fact, they can even flower again and again. This makes them ideal plants to grow in any home and office, especially when combined with the fact they don’t require too much maintenance.
What Are The Ideal Blooming Conditions For Peace Lilies To Return?
If you want your peace lilies to return and bloom every year, you need to make sure you’re creating the ideal conditions for blooming.
Here are a few steps you can follow:
- First of all, you want to make sure you’re providing your peace lilies with well draining potting soil. Doing this will make sure that your plant does’t become overwatered from clogged soil, which can result in the plant suffocating and dying.
- You should make sure you aren’t watering them too much either. Watering them once a week while spritzing their leaves occasionally should be enough to keep them healthy and happy.
- Keep you peace lily in low light, and especially keep them away from direct sunlight. As a rule of thumb, keep the peace lily in a room just bright enough for you to read a book in. If it’s in a dark room, introduce it to a brighter room gradually. This one action can help a non-blooming peace lily finally bloom.
- Make sure they’re not in a room which temperature drops below 60°F (16°C), but remember they do best in environments where the temperature is 70°F (21°C).
- You don’t need to overfertilize them, in fact, fertilizing every 6 weeks or so with a balanced houseplant fertilizer should be enough. Make sure you start this in late winter, to make sure they bloom in time.
What Is The Lifespan Of A Peace Lily?
If you plan on growing a peace lily, then you’ll be pleased to know they can live between three to five years.
Are Peace Lilies Able To Survive The Winter?
If you want your peace lily to come back every year, then you may be wondering if they’re able to survive the winter. As long as the temperature of their environment doesn’t drop below 60°F (16°C). Anything below this will start to slow their growth, and if the temperature falls below 52°F will begin to damage your plant.
Are Peace Lilies Outdoor Plants?
Due to the fact they need warm temperatures, it’s best not to keep your plant outside. Unless of course the temperature never falls below 60°F. And even then, the conditions may not be optimal for your peace lily to bloom.
You’ll also need to make sure that you’re not placing your peace lily in direct sunlight if it’s left outside as prolonged contact with the sun can be damaging. As a rule of thumb, you should try to match the tropical conditions of the forest floors in which they’re found.
Wondering whether Coffee Grounds are good for your Peace Lilies? Click here to find out!
When Do Peace Lilies Bloom
Peace lilies are going to be most likely o bloom when you allow them to grow in bright, but indirect sunlight. If you want to know the rough timeline when they bloom, then it’s going to be in the spring. During this time they’ll tend to produce one to two hooded blooms that can last up to and even over a month. And if you’re lucky, they may also bloom again in Autumn.
You should also know that peace lilies won’t bloom in their few months of life, it typically takes them between 1-1.5 years to mature enough to bloom.
Can You Use Gibberellic Acid
While using gibberellic acid can help your peace lillies mature, it’s not recommended unless you’re a professional horticulturist as you can end up damaging your plant permanently if you don’t use it correctly. So you should just let your plant mature and bloom as it would in nature.
As you can see, if you have a peace lily, it’s going to be able to rebloom year after year with the right care. Just make sure you’re not placing it in direct sunlight and that you’re overwatering or underwatering it. If you do that and follow the rest of the advice above, you’re peace lily may bloom once or even twice a year!
If you liked this article, make sure you check out the rest of the website. Otherwise have a great day!